Shared Team Workspaces are useful when you want to share any number of files with a group of people across multiple companies. Only Administrators can create Shared Team Workspaces, but anyone who’s a member of the workspace can add additional members. All members of a workspace can see the same list of files and can share stories with people outside of their organization (if the Administrator has this setting enabled in the Sharing settings), but Shared Team Workspaces can only consist of people in companies that have agreed to a partnership. Contact Support to learn about how to create a partnership.
- From the File Manager, go to Team Workspaces, and click New. If you don’t see the New button, you are not a Plus user or Admin for your organization. Plus Users can only create a Team Workspace, creating a Shared Team Workspace does require Admin.
- In the Create Workspace dialog, if there are partnerships established you will see two options. If you don’t see two options, there are no partnerships established with your company. Contact Support to learn about how to create a partnership.
- Select the Shared Team Workspace option and select the checkbox next to the company or companies you would like to add to the Shared Team Workspace Note: There are no limits on the number of companies you can have in a Shared Team Workspace. However, each of the companies must agree to the partnership to be listed in the dialog.
- Type the name of your workspace and click Create Workspace.
- To add people to the workspace, select your Shared Team Workspace and click Add Members.
- Enter the email of the person you want to add and press Enter. Continue to add collaborators. Note: You can only add people who are already in the Vertex system and within the companies that you selected.
- Choose if you want to send email notifications to alert workspace members that they’ve been added to the workspace, and then click Add.
Currently, you can only create a new Shared Team Workspace in a desktop environment.