We're excited to introduce precise Surface-to-Surface measurement.
A few things to note:
- To access this, you need to have a model opened in Connect 2.0. If you don't see the icon on the toolbar, paste the following to the end of the URL:
- We currently support planar surface-to-surface measurement. Non-planar surface-to-surface measurement will come later.
- When you measure parallel surfaces, you are given the shortest distance between the two planes.
- When you measure non-parallel surfaces, you are given the angle between the two surfaces.
- Eventually, all measurements will be precise, not only Surface-to-Surface.
Which models support precise measurement?
Usually, when you see feature edges on a model, it's a pretty good indication that measurement will be precise instead of approximate. Only models with BREP information or BREP information and tessellation support precise measurements. It doesn't work if they model contains only tessellation. The following table gives you an idea of which file types offer precise measurement by indicating if the model contains BREP, tessellation, or both BREP and tessellation information.
|File type||File extensions||BREP or Tessellated|
|CATIA V5-V6||.CATProduct, .CATPart, .model, .CATShape, .cgr||Both|
|Creo/Pro-E||.asm, .prt, .neu||BREP|
|Creo View||.pvz, .ol||Tessellated|
|NX - Unigraphics||.prt||BREP|
|Parasolid||.x_b, .x_t, .xmt, .xmt_txt||BREP|
|Solid Edge||.asm, .par||Both|