If you plan to import an assembly, you must first create a new folder in which to save all of the assembly files. This is required so that Connect can read all of the assembly's information. Depending on which CAD tool you're using, refer to one of the following Help articles:
- Prepare a CATIA assembly for import
- Prepare a Creo assembly for import
- Prepare an Inventor assembly for import
- Prepare a shattered JT assembly for import
- Prepare an NX assembly for import
- Prepare a SolidWorks assembly for import
For faster imports, you can also package an assembly or a part into a .zip, .7z, .tar, .tar.gz, or .gz file. When an assembly has more than 5,000 parts this is a requirement, but otherwise, it's optional. If you do this, you'll import the assembly as a single file using Import → File.