This guide assists Administrators with creating and managing users and defining what types of settings are required to protect your organization’s intellectual property. You will also learn to set up a Team Workspace, where teams can access their data from a single location.
Use the tabs above to walk through the following four steps:
- Step 1: Create new users
- Step 2: Set data permissions
- Step 3: Review activity logs
- Step 4: Create a workspace to store team data
Create new users
- Sign in to Vertex as an administrator, and in the upper-right corner, click your initials, and choose Settings. If you don’t see Settings, this means you’re not an Administrator.
- Click Add Users.
- In the Add User dialog, enter the following:
- The first and last name of the user and their email address.
- For License, choose one of the following:
- Administrator - All functionality of a Plus User, and can also create and manage user accounts and Team Workspaces.
- Plus User - Full access to all Vertex features, including 3D model import, 3D story creation, and 3D interactivity.
- Starter User - Access to collaboration functionality in Verex Stories only. Depending on their role, they will either have 2D or 3D access to the Story Viewer only.
- Select or clear Send user welcome email.
If selected, the user will receive an email invitation with a temporary password once you click Add User or Save & Add Another.
If cleared, the user won’t receive their invitation and temporary password until you choose to send it. When you’re ready to do this, go to the list of users, find their name, and from the More menu, choose Resend Welcome Email.
- Click Save & Add Another or Add User.
- If you need to modify an existing user’s account, simply use the More menu, as shown above.
Set data permissions
- From the Admin sidebar, click Settings.
- On the Sharing tab, select how you’d like to share stories in your organization.
- Share with Anyone - Sharing isn’t restricted.
- Share with Organization Domains and Approved Domains - Sharing is restricted to all domains in your organization and approved domains outside your organization. If you select this option, you’re asked to enter your allowed domains.
- Share only with Organization Domains - Sharing is restricted to users in your organization. If you select this option, the list of allowed organization domains is displayed.
- Click the Files tab.
- Choose if you want to store original model files after import or if you want to delete them.
- If this option is on, users can open, view, and download the original model files.
- If this option is off, users can open and view models, but they can’t download the original model files because they’ve been deleted from storage. This protects your model’s geometry from being downloaded and distributed.
Review activity logs
Export an activity log if you want to see your organization’s activity in Vertex during a specific time. Activity logs provide information on users, actions, IP addresses, and more.
- From the Admin sidebar, click Activity Log.
- Specify the data range for the log, and click Export.CSV.
- Once the Activity list shows that the file exported , you can download it and open it using an appropriate application.
Create a workspace to store team data
A best practice for Administrators is to create a Team Workspace when there’s a group of people who require a central location to share and organize data easily. This provides them with a single location to store and access data.
- Return to the File Manager by clicking vertex in the upper-left corner.
- Click Team Workspaces, and click New.
- Type the name of your workspace, and click Create Workspace.
- Click Add Members.
At this point, you can either add a single person from the team or add everyone on the team. Once you add a person to the workspace, they can add members themselves.
- When you’re done, click Add.