If you want to import a Creo assembly, save all of the assembly’s files to a single folder.
- Create a folder where you want to save all of your assembly's files.
- In Creo, open your assembly.
- Choose File → Save As → Save a Backup.
- In the Backup dialog, navigate to the folder you created in step 1, and click OK.
The assembly file (.asm) and all of its parts are now saved in the same location.
- You can now import your assembly into Vertex.
Note: When an assembly contains more than 5,000 parts, you must zip it before importing it. This reduces the amount of time it takes to import larger assemblies.
- Parts that you want to collaborate on should be unhidden or unsuppressed. If they’re not, they’ll appear as gray (unavailable) in the BOM.
- For more detailed instructions on how to save content using Creo, see To Back Up a File.
- This documentation is based on Creo 5.x. If you’re using another version and Save a Backup isn’t the same, use Creo’s help and search for “save a backup” or “back up a file”.