If you want to import a CATIA assembly, save all of the assembly’s files to a single folder.
- Create a folder where you want to save all of your assembly's files.
- In CATIA, open your assembly.
- Choose File → Save Management.
- In the Save Management dialog, select the .CATProduct file that you opened, click Save As, and save the assembly to the folder you created in step 1.
- In the Save Management dialog, ensure that the .CATProduct file is still selected, click Propagate directory, and then click OK.
The assembly file (.CATProduct) and all of its parts are now saved in the same location.
- You can now import your assembly into Vertex.
- When an assembly contains more than 5,000 parts, it is recommended to zip it before importing it. This reduces the amount of time it takes to import larger assemblies.
- Parts should be unhidden or unsuppressed. If they’re not, they’ll appear as gray (unavailable) in the BOM.
- For more detailed instructions on how to save content using CATIA, see Managing Document Save.
- This documentation is based on CATIA 5. If you’re using another version and Save Management isn’t the same, use CATIA’s help and search for “propagate directory.”