If you want to import a shattered JT assembly, save all of the assembly’s files to a single folder.
- If your shattered JT assembly and part files don’t already exist locally, open the assembly in Teamcenter lifecycle visualization and follow the steps in Export JT files.
The assembly file and all of its parts are now saved in the same location.
- You can now import your assembly into Vertex.
- When an assembly contains more than 5,000 parts, it's highly recommended to zip it before importing it (this is not required for monolithic JT assemblies). This reduces the amount of time it takes to import larger assemblies.
- Parts should be unhidden or unsuppressed. If they’re not, they’ll appear as gray (unavailable) in the BOM.
- This documentation is based on Teamcenter 12.3 lifecycle visualization. If you’re using another version and the interface isn’t the same, use Teamcenter’s help and search for “export JT.”