Important: Each model should use the same global positioning so that the merged file looks cohesive.
- From the File Manager, select two or more models, right-click, and select Merge items.
- In the Merge Models to New File dialog, enter a name for the new file, and click Create File.
The newly merged file is added to the same location as the original models. Merging files does not impact the original models. When you open the merged model, you’ll notice that the top-level assembly in the BOM matches the name of the merged model , and the top BOM line of each model is represented below it .
- Only supported file types can be merged.
- You cannot merge a model with a merged file.
- You cannot import new versions of a merged file.
- If the file is created in My Workspace, you cannot move the merged file to a Team Workspace.
- If the file is created in a Team Workspace, only the workspace Administrator can move the merged file out of the workspace.
Currently, you can only merge models in a desktop environment.