Team Workspaces are useful when you want to share models, stories, and supporting files with a group of people working on the same project. Users can create a Team Workspace, add members, and start collaborating immediately on projects. All members of a workspace will have access to the same list of files, have the option to import their own files, and merge data together as needed.
To add users outside of your organization, the Administrator will need to either create the Workspace themselves, or be added to the workspace after creation, so they can enable the option for external users to be added.
- From the File Manager, go to Team Workspaces, and click New.
- In the Create Workspace dialog, type the name of your workspace and click Create Workspace. If you are an Admin, check the box if you would like to allow users external Vertex Users to have access to the workspace. An example of this would be if your doing Supplier Collaboration with another company and want to share some data with them. NOTE: If the workspace was created without checking the option to “Allow external users…,” the Workspace doesn’t allow for members outside of your organization to be added and is indicated by this icon . You will see this workspace icon if the option to “Allow external users…,” has been enabled.
- Once the new Workspace is created, you can add other people to the workspace by picking Add Members.
- Enter the email of the person you want to add and hit Enter to accept the email address. Continue to add collaborators as needed. You can include a customized email message by typing in the provided field, this will alert newly added team members that they’ve been added to the workspace. Click Add. All collaborators are added to the workspace, and it will now appear in their File Manager list of workspaces.
- You can now start adding files to the workspace by using the Import option