- On the model toolbar, click Measurement .
- Click two points on your model.
A label with the distance in millimeters appears, and the Measurement Details window shows the distance, part names, and the X, Y, and Z axis deltas.
Note: When measuring points on a cross section, if you are close to the section, but not quite on it, the anchor point automatically snaps to the section highlight for you.
- To reposition the Measurement Details window, hover over , and drag the window to a new location. The window remains in that location for all measurements until you reposition it again.
- To reposition either point in your measurement, make sure it’s active by clicking the label and then dragging the point to a new location. The distance updates to show the new value.
- To delete a measurement, make sure it’s active by clicking the label and then press the Delete key.
- To capture your measurements in a snapshot (3D Viewer only), do any of the following:
- Click Capture Snapshot .
- Click Add Pin and place a pin on the model.
- Click Add Markup and draw and save markup in the view.
If you want others to see your measurements, you can add the snapshot to a story and share it with them. If you want collaborators to be able to create their own measurements, you need to open the story and edit the settings of that snapshot.
3D Viewer - Currently, you can only create measurement in a desktop environment.
Vertex Story - If measurement is included in a snapshot in a story, you can view the measurement, but you can’t create your own, even if the story creator enabled measurement.