Use measurement to analyze your 3D models. When you measure something the Measurement Details window shows detailed information on the measurement. The following measurement tools are available on the model toolbar:
- Point to Point Measurement
- Measure the distance between two points.
- Surface to Surface Measurement
- Measure the area of one or two surfaces.
- Measure the minimum distance between two planar or non-planar surfaces.
- Measure the angle between surfaces.
To save all active measurements, take a snapshot. The measurement in each snapshot remains private in your 3D model until you add the snapshot to a Story and share it with others. If you want to enable collaborators to create measurements, you need to open the story and edit the snapshot's settings. Labels indicate which snapshots have measurement enabled.
Vertex Story highlighting a snapshot with labels