Tip: If you are comfortable using property search syntax, you can skip the following steps, and instead, search for properties directly in the BOM search box. You must begin your search with \\, and you must type out the entire value.
- Open the BOM panel , and click Advanced Search .
- In the first list, select a property, or start typing to narrow the list, and then select a property.
- In the second list, select one or more values, or start typing to narrow the list, and then click Add Filter.
The search box in both the dialog and the BOM updates.
Example: A search for PLASTIC as the material results in seven parts.
Note: By default, when you add a filter, the syntax used in the search box provides an exact match. You can update this so that your search contains what’s in the specified string. In the image below, the exact match example only returns results for PLASTIC. The contains example returns results for PLASTIC, black plastic, plastic seal, etc.
- To add more filters, repeat steps 2 and 3. Additional filters are added to the original with the AND operator until you clear the active search.
Example: A search for parts that include PLASTIC as the material and BUSHING as the keyword, narrows the results to two parts.
- Use the following operators to customize your search even more:
" " For phrases
e.g. \\”anchor bolt”
( ) For grouping criteria
e.g. \\(description:polished OR description:steel) AND supplier:FMX
: For separating properties from values
AND For more than one requirement
e.g. \\material:copper AND supplier:FMX
OR or space For either requirement
e.g. \\material:copper material:rubber
TO For a range between lower and upper values
e.g. \\width:(.5 TO .75)
+ or - For required text or to exclude text
e.g. \\material:(+steel -alloy)
Example: Add another keyword in a group with OR separating them. The search results increase because now the list includes all parts with PLASTIC as the material that also contains the keywords BUSHING, ELBOW, or both BUSHING and ELBOW.
- To dismiss your search results and return to the complete BOM tree, click close .
- To close the dialog, click Advanced Search or click the background of the viewing area.
Currently, you can only search for properties in a desktop environment.