When you open a Vertex Story, the Story Overview is displayed. From here you can review the general information in the story and add your own information.
Note: The following steps are for those who have 3D functionality. If your license has 2D functionality instead, use the Guide for Story Collaborators instead of the following steps.
- From the File Manager, go to Shared with Me or a Team Workspace, and click the story that you want to review.
Note: If you created the story, it’s located in My Workspace.
- Navigate through the story by doing the following:
- Click Review Story or select any of the snapshots.
- Click the arrow on either side of the image to go to the next or previous snapshot (or use the arrows on your keyboard).
- In each snapshot, do the following:
- Review the geometry along with its assembly of parts.
- Review and respond to comments, or create a new comment. Add snapshots to comments and use @mentions to draw someone’s attention to your comments.
- When you respond to a comment, all collaborators and @mentions who are part of the comment thread are notified by email.
- When you create a new comment thread, only the story creator and @mentions are notified by email.
- To export the visible geometry in a snapshot (if allowed by the story creator), in the upper-right corner, click Export, and select exporting the file as JT or STEP. If you do not see Export, it means that the story creator did not enable it.
When the export is complete, you can download the file immediately or wait and download it from the link in the email that you’ll receive.
- Return to the Story Overview by clicking the story title in the breadcrumb.
- If the story creator gave you access to the model file that was used to create the story, and you already created snapshots in that model, you can add those snapshots to the story by doing the following:
- On the Snapshots tab, click Add Snapshots.
- Select the snapshots that you want to add, and click Add.
All story collaborators can now see your snapshots in the story.
- To attach files to a story, do the following:
- On the Attachments tab, click Add Attachments.
- Navigate to the file that you want to attach, and click Open.
The file is added to the story, and an email notification is sent to the story creator. All collaborators can download the attachment. If the attachment is a PDF or an image file, collaborators also have the option to open the file without having to to download it first.
Next: Sign out of Vertex