Review a Vertex Story
- Open the shared story either from an email invitation or in Vertex Connect.
- Get a general idea of what the story conveys by reviewing the description, the name of the story creator, and who the file is shared with.
Note: Each snapshot indicates if you can create cross sections, measure the model, or export the visible geometry. If you need one of these tools added, you can @mention the story creator in the specific snapshot and request they add it.
- Navigate through the story by doing the following:
- Click Review Story or select any of the snapshots.
- Click the arrows on either side of the image until you have reviewed all of the snapshots and comments (or use the arrows on your keyboard).
- If at any time you want to return to the Story Overview, in the upper-left corner, click the story name.
Add comments to a snapshot
- Open the snapshot to which you want to add a comment.
- Under Comments, do one of the following:
- To reply to a comment, click an existing comment, and then click Reply.
- To create a new comment, at the bottom of the panel, click Add a comment.
- Type your comment. If you want to add additional content to the comment, do the following:
To Do this Attach a snapshot
- Set up the view, and click Capture Snapshot .
Include pins in a snapshot
- Set up the view, and click Add Pin .
- Click the areas in which you want to place a pin.
- When you’re done adding pins, at the bottom of the viewing area, click Done.
A snapshot thumbnail with your pins is added to the comment.
Save markup in a snapshot
- Set up the view, and click Add Markup .
- Use the Arrow , Ellipse , and Freehand tools to draw in the view. To make the ellipse a circle, hold Shift as you drag to draw.
- When you’re done adding markup, click Done.
A snapshot thumbnail with your markup is added to the comment.
Attach files to a snapshot
- Click Add Attachments .
- Navigate to the file that you want to attach and click Open.
- Click Submit.
If you replied to an existing comment, all story collaborators are notified by email. If you created a new comment thread, the story creator is notified by email.
Attach files to a story
In addition to attaching files to individual snapshots, you can also attach files to the full story. You might do this if the attachment applies to all of the snapshots instead of an individual snapshot.
- From the Story Overview, on the Attachments tab, click Add Attachments.
- Navigate to and select the files that you want to attach and click Open.
The files are added to the story, and an email notification is sent to the story creator. All collaborators can download the attachment. If the attachment is a PDF or an image file, depending on your browser settings, collaborators can open the file without having to download it first.
Export geometry from a story
You can export the geometry for all parts included in a snapshot when the story creator enables this feature. This is indicated by the export icon in the lower-right corner of the snapshot. Part geometry is exported as a monolithic JT or STEP file.
- Export all visible geometry in a snapshot in one of these ways:
- From the Story Overview, click Export Geometry on a snapshot thumbnail.
- Open a snapshot that has Export Geometry enabled, and in the upper-right corner, click Export and select a file type.
The Activity progress shows the status. When the export is complete, you have the option to download the file immediately. You will also receive an email with a link to download the file.