Now that you’ve added snapshots to your file, you can create a story made up of those snapshots and share it with others. This is an important collaboration feature because it gives you the ability to collect feedback from others. Collaborators can review your snapshots, pins, markup, cross sections, measurements, and comments and respond with their own comments. They can also attach files to the story, for example, a 2D drawing or a PDF of the model’s design specifications.
- From the Snapshots panel of your model, select the snapshots that you want to add to a story and click New Story.
A new story is created, and the Vertex Story opens and displays the new Story Overview. The next time you go back to the File Manager, you will see the story listed as a new file.
- (Optional) Before sharing your story with others, you can:
- Update the title of the story and add a description.
- On the Snapshots tab, add additional snapshots.
- On the Attachments tab, attach files that you want story collaborators to review, such as a PDF of the model’s design specifications.
- On the Settings tab, set Walk mode for your default 3D tools. Walk mode is typically used for factory floor models, so that you can walk through the factory.
- To allow collaborators to export the visible geometry that’s in a snapshot, in the lower-right corner of the snapshot, click More and select Enable Export.
An icon and a label are added to the snapshot so that others will know that all visible parts can be exported as a JT file or a STEP file. The file includes BREP detail, but it does not include model properties.
- To allow collaborators to edit or create their own cross sections or measurements, in the lower-right corner of the snapshot, click More and select Enable Cross Sectioning or Enable Measurement.
A label is added to the snapshot, so that others will know that they can add or edit cross sections and measurements.
- To invite others to collaborate on the story, do the following:
- Click Share.
- Enter the email of the person with whom you want to share the file. Continue to add collaborators, and then click Done.
The file is added to each collaborator’s File Manager on the Shared With Me page, and an email from Vertex with a link to the story is sent to each of them.
- To add a comment to a snapshot, do the following:
- Open the snapshot to which you want to add a comment.
- Under Comments, do one of the following:
- To reply to a comment, click an existing comment, and then click Reply.
- To create a new comment, at the bottom of the panel, click Add a comment.
Tip: If you want to draw someone’s attention to the comment, type @ followed by their name.
Next: Contribute to a story