Before you begin:
- This guide is for users who were given a complimentary Vertex Starter User account. If you don’t know if you're a Starter User or a Plus User, you can find out by clicking your initials in the upper-right corner of Vertex and choosing Profile. Your license type is listed at the bottom of the Profile dialog.
- Some Starter User accounts include a 3D trial period to access and explore 3D functionality in Vertex Stories. When the trial expires, Starter Users can still collaborate in stories, but only in 2D. If you’re currently in the 3D trial period, refer to Review a story that's shared with you to quickly experience the functionality that comes with a Plus User license. If at any time you would like to upgrade your account, fill out this form and we'll contact you.
When a story creator shares a Vertex Story with someone who is not currently a Vertex user, that person becomes a Starter User. Starter Users receive an email invitation with a link to the story so that they can collaborate with the story creator and other collaborators.
A story consists of one or more 2D snapshots of a model that the story creator wants to share with others. The story creator can modify which parts of the model are visible in the snapshots and typically adds comments for you to review. You can interact with the story creator and other collaborators in the following ways:
- Reply to or add new comments.
- View the visible parts in 2D and also view the associated assembly list.
- Attach or download files from the story.
- (If enabled by the creator of the story) Export the geometry for parts that are contained in a snapshot.