Currently, you can only share model files with Connect Users in your organization. There are restrictions on downloading models depending on where they’re shared and what your organization’s Administrator allows.
- To share a model to someone’s Shared with Me workspace, do the following:
- From the File Manager, right-click a file, and select Share.
- Start typing the name of the person with whom you want to share the model, and choose a name from the list that appears. You can only share models with those in the list.
- Choose if you want to send email notifications to everyone or only to newly created users.
- Click Done.
The model is shared and appears for all collaborators in their Shared with Me workspace. These files cannot be downloaded.
- To move a model to a Team Workspace and share it with others, do the following:
- From the File Manager, select one or more models, right-click, and choose Move to.
- Choose the Team Workspace to which you want to move the models, and click Move here.
The model appears for all members of the Team Workspace. An email notification is not sent when new files are added. These files can only be downloaded if your organization’s administrator allows.
- If you have a file open, return to the File Manager.
- Next to the file that you want to share, tap More , and tap Share.
- Start typing the name of the person with whom you want to share the model, and choose a name from the list that appears. You can only share models with those in the list. Continue to add collaborators, and then click Done.
The model is shared and appears for all collaborators when they view their Shared with Me list. They also receive an email from Vertex that states that a model has been shared with them.
- If you want to share many files with the same group of people in your organization, have your administrator create a Team Workspace to manage access to all of your files instead of sharing each model individually.
- If you want your shared model to be downloadable, you must put it in a Team Workspace. Models cannot be downloaded from Shared with Me.
To stop sharing your model file, see Unshare a file.
To share a story file, see Share a story.