In order to import an assembly, you must first create a new folder in which to save all of the files of that assembly. Locating the files in one folder ensures that Vertex can read all of the information in your assembly. If your assembly contains more than 5,000 parts, you must take an additional step and zip or tar the assembly files in the folder. Zipping larger assemblies creates a faster import experience.
We’ve included the following articles to help you prepare your files depending on the CAD tool that you’re using:
- Prepare a CATIA assembly for import
- Prepare a Creo assembly for import
- Prepare an Inventor assembly for import
- Prepare a shattered JT assembly for import
- Prepare an NX assembly for import
- Prepare a SolidWorks assembly for import
For more information on supported file types and which ones must be prepped or not, see Supported file types.