In order to import an assembly, you must first package it into a .zip, .tar, .tar.gz, or .gz file. This is so that Vertex can read all of the information in your assembly. If you are importing a file that is not an assembly or is a monolithic JT assembly, you can skip this.
We’ve included the following articles to help you prepare your files depending on the CAD tool that you’re using:
- Prepare a CATIA assembly for import
- Prepare a Creo assembly for import
- Prepare an Inventor assembly for import
- Prepare a shattered JT assembly for import
- Prepare an NX assembly for import
- Prepare a SolidWorks assembly for import
For more information on supported file types and which ones must be prepped or not, see Supported file types.